Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Moonlit Evening Bag - Part 1


I've been wanting to make a simple and small bag suitable for toting to dinners and evening functions.  I've never owned an evening bag, would you believe that?  Anyway, this is what I've started making...

click on images to enlarge
 Silvery-grey bag in the making.
I know, it looks like a boat right now. :)  It should look more like
a bag a little later on, if nothing goes wrong. ;)

Top view of the bottom of the bag.  It's worked in single crochet stitches only.
 For those of you who want to try making a basic oval-shaped bag, 
you can try this tutorial.

I have no idea how this bag will look like in the end.  I just made the base
to the size that I want the bag to be and improvise as I go along.  Will I work the entire
bag in single crochet?  Will it be short and squat?  Will I add some ruffles?  
Will the handles be long or short?

This is one of my most treasured yarns.  I bought it many years ago
and have been waiting for a right project to use it.  I think the silver bits
make the yarn look so lovely and it is just the right thing to make an
evening bag with.  The subtle sparkle adds the extra-something
to the simple and understated bag that I'm working towards.



2 comments:

Brandy said...

I'm betting this is going to look very elegant by the time you're done. Grey with silver is a gorgeous combination! (And a great neutral!) Can't wait to see your progression on this project!

Jace said...

Hey B, I hope it'll turn out nice. I agree - grey-silver is a great neutral. It'll go well with most of my clothes. :)