Monday, January 07, 2013

Thank You, from the bottom of our hearts


Every Christmas, for the past 3 years, my hubby's colleagues had gifted us with lovely food hampers.  We love and appreciate receiving gifts because of the thoughtfulness and goodwill behind the gesture, which means a lot to us.   We also love giving back. 

We received 3 hampers last year and I immediately thought of how to show our friends our appreciation.  I had, in the past, prepared little bags filled with chocolates and cookies for each of our friends.  This time, my hubby suggested we give something different.  I thought his idea had merit. :)

I made an assortment of these...

click on images to enlarge
Swarovski crystal earrings
each cluster is made of 4 crystals
1 each of dark purple, dark pink, light pink & clear

Freshwater pearl earrings
accented with Chinese crystals

Chinese crystal earrings
each cluster consists of 6 crystals

Swarovski pearl & crystal pendant
the colour of the lilac pearl is very pretty but it doesn't show here

 Swarovski crystal pendant
I cheated with this one - I didn't actually make anything except putting the clasp on.

Swarovski pearl and crystal pendant
this rose colour is my favourite out of all the pearl colours


... and packed them up like this...

Each little parcel contains either a pair of earrings or a pendant,
together with a note card.  I made 11 parcels in total.
Our gentleman friends got the gift meant for the lady in their lives.


I also prepared a few of this for special friends...

Usually, my wrapping is rather mundane; just a bit of ribbon or yarn
to pretty things up and that's it.
Last year, however, I got a Christmas gift with this method of wrapping
which I thought was interesting and attractive.  I studied it and experimented
with it - the folds are somewhat like origami - a series of pleats.


And that's all from me, for now. :)



2 comments:

Brandy said...

Your husbands colleagues should have been very pleased with the gifts you gave them. They are all gorgeous! (Especially the pearl and crystal earrings.)
That's an interesting way of folding the wrapping.

I hope you and your family are having a good week!

Jace said...

I hope they like the gifts, B. I'm never sure if people like what I made for them - you know, different tastes and all that. Anyway, I hope they accept the gifts as a goodwill gesture from us.