Thursday, January 31, 2013

Amber's Scarf


I've recently completed a knitted scarf that I made for a young friend, Amber.  She has moved to the USA to continue with her higher education and I wanted to make her something to keep her warm during the cold season.  She likes the colours red and black so this is what I made for her...

click on images to enlarge
 A reversible ribbed scarf worked in a yarn of 80% wool-20% acrylic.
The scarf turned out to be soft and snuggly.  Most importantly, it wasn't scratchy.

I think this deep red is very pretty.  I tend to prefer colours with a cool tone
and this red with a blue undertone makes me happy. :)  I think this colour suits Amber too.

The texture is lovely.  It looks complicated but is really easy to make.
The free pattern is available at Red Heart.



6 comments:

Brandy said...

Very pretty! Like you I prefer a red with a blue undertone rather than an orange one. It provides such a deep yet vibrant color. I bet your friend loves her new scarf!

Jace said...

Hey B, I think cool colors enhance your lovely fair skin tone. :) Although I have the fair Asian yellowish skin tone, I have a pink undertone as well, which is why oranges and corals look ghastly on me! I hope Amber likes the scarf - it hasn't reach her yet, apparently. :(

Brandy said...

Hehe, yup, I'm fair skinned. VERY much so. But, not as bad as Son. He's a red-head and so fair you can see the faint blue lines of his veins on his forehead. (And he plays outside ALL the time, he just won't tan.)
I bet your skin is lovely with pinks of ALL shades. *g*

Jace said...

Yes, I remember how fair Son is. :) I suppose he gets sun burnt easily with such fair, delicate skin?

I tend to look better in pinks, blues and most cool-toned colours. :)

Christine said...

Very pretty, Jace! Your stitches (or knits?) are so even!
I like the simple design. Very classic.

Jace said...

Hey Christine, thanks. :) Yes, this is a knitted piece. I'm still quite new in knitting and grappling with keeping the tension even most of the time. :)