Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Craft 2012


I only managed to complete one Christmas craft this year. Oh, I had grand plans of making a few more Christmassy things, but due to a major headache-inducing knitting project which ate away huge chunks of my time, I had to settle for this: 

click on images for larger views
I crocheted some mini wreaths.  Each measures approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter.
I didn't follow any particular pattern - just improvised until I got the look I wanted.

Threaded a needle with red yarn, sewed around the wreath and finished off with a bow.

Glued the wreaths onto stock cards to turn them into gift tags
and

mini note cards.

I really love these mini wreaths.  They maybe small but they evoke the whole Christmas feel for me through the traditional colours.  I'm sure I'll be making more of them next year.

For those of you who are interested, here are some crochet instructions/patterns on how to make similar mini wreaths:




2 comments:

Brandy said...

Those wreathes are adorable! I like the 3D effect they give and they are just so sweet!

Jace said...

Thanks! :) I had so much fun making them. :)