Tuesday, August 07, 2012

An update


Oh my gosh - it's been 7 months since I last posted!  I didn't realize that!  My apologies to my followers and readers for such a long silence.  And thank you for still sticking with me.  I really appreciate your support.

Brandy, Azteclady, Christine and all of you who messaged and kept in contact, thank you!  Your support, concern and kindness touch me deeply.

During this long period of silence, I've been doing some healing and deep thinking.  Health-wise, I had to overcome a couple of challenges.  I was struck by hyper-thyroidism (or overactive thyroid) and started losing an alarming amount of weight in 2 months.  It appeared out of nowhere and I was totally unaware of it.  With the help of a very good endocrinologist, I recovered fully after about 4 months.  I am now back to normal although I still have to take 1 pill a day.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, 8 August 2012, I will be undergoing a total knee replacement surgery.  This bum knee has been bothering me for the last 3 years and it's getting progressively worse.  I found a good surgeon and decided to get it done.  I will be staying in the hospital for 5 days after the surgery.  If I can access the hospital WiFi, I will keep you updated on my status.  If not, I will post again next week when I'm home.

Thank you all, once again, for being here and still reading.  Talk to you again, soon.


11 comments:

Brandy said...

I didn't want to bother you so tried to give you space, but still let you know I was here and concerned. I am so glad you're better and hope your recovery from the knee surgery is swift and easy. I'll keep my fingers crossed and good thoughts for you!

Jace said...

Thanks, Brandy. I'm feeling much better today. Surgery went well but the wound was quite painful yesterday. I'll be going for physiotherapy tomorrow and maybe can go home on Sunday. Thanks for the good thoughts. :-)

Brandy said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. I hope the physiotherapy helps and that you will be able to go home soon. I'm hypothyroid, so I understand how something so small can mess up your life, and am glad to hear you have it under control now.
Blessings!

Christine said...

Jace!!!! :D
It's SO good to hear from you, although I am sorry to hear you've been having some health issues. Good news that you got the care you needed from a good endocrinologist.

Ouch on the knee replacement! I'm optimistic that you'll recover well from this surgery. I'm sure it's painful and difficult now.. but you're going to do great. I know it.

Sending healing, loving thoughts your way. Looking forward to hearing from you. But no pressure!

xo :)

Jace said...

Hi Brandy and Christine, thanks for your kind words. :-) I'm still in the hospital but I'm so much improved now. I go to physio everyday and it hurts everyday but I can now walk a little without any aid, and get in and out of bed by myself. I'm feeling great and enjoying the rest and recuperation. I'll be going home on Friday.

Brandy said...

Glad to hear you're healing well, Jace! I am sure you'll be happy to go home Friday. Don't forget to rest and no over-do when you get there!
Love and Blessings!

Brandy said...

Hi Jace! Just checking in to let you know I'm thinking of you and hope your therapy has gone well!

Jace said...

Hi B, Thanks for checking in! I'm doing very well. Physio is hard, painful work but I'm progressing really well. It's been 5 weeks since the surgery and I can now walk without any aid. I still go to the physio center twice a week and the exercises are getting more intense. Thanks for your concern! Hugs.

Brandy said...

Yay! Glad to hear you can walk without an aid! Hope you continue to improve! HUGS!

Brandy said...

Hi Jace! Hope you're continuing to heal well!

Brandy said...

Still keeping you in my prayers for healing! Hope you and yours are healthy and happy!