Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Freshwater Pearls & Crystal bracelet

I had a bit of time to spare last Saturday so I attempted to make a bracelet like I've always wanted to. I have a rather unhealthy fixation on bangles and bracelets ... and bags and books, of course, but those are stories for another day. :)

I have a stash of freshwater pearls of various colours - rose, peach, silver-grey and white - that just beg to be put to use. :)

click on images to enlarge
Silver-grey freshwater pearl & clear crystal wire-wrap bracelet
I really like how this one turned out. :)

These silver-grey pearls are quite unusual and they look really nice
against the bright silver wire. The crystals provide subtle sparkle.

My brother watched me making this bracelet and made some
complimentary comments on the colour scheme and the whole look.
I found it rather amazing and funny because he actually noticed!
I mean, really, how many men would pay such close attention
to feminine stuff like women's jewellery? And able to comment
on even the most minute details? :)

My bro liked this bracelet so much that he asked me to make
another one for his close friend. I said, "Sure". Always happy
to make stuff for family and friends. :)

8 comments:

Christine said...

What a pretty bracelet!
I'm impressed that your brother noticed the color scheme, too.... let alone noticed anything about it at all! I swear I could paint the outside of the house while my husband was at work and he wouldn't even notice when he got home. LOL!

Have fun! :)

Brandy said...

Jace! That bracelet is absolutely gorgeous! Seriously gorgeous! Your brother has good taste! *G* The color scheme is perfect and neutral so it will go with everything. I bought a bracelet recently and was wearing it when I arrived home that day. It took my husband an HOUR to notice. *G*

Hope you're having a terrific week!

Jace said...

Christine: Thank you! Glad you like it. :) I was quite surprised by my brother - he actually watched me making the bracelet and said it was very pretty. :) Gotta be surprised when a guy does that. :D

Brandy: Thank you! :D Yes, the colour scheme goes well with almost everything and I'm happily wearing it everyday. :)

Brandy said...

I'm glad you're wearing it every day and I hope it makes you smile when you do! You make such beautiful things for others I always love it when you make something for yourself.

Jace said...

Oh yes, the bracelet does make me smile. :) I'm quite proud of myself as it was the first bracelet I've ever made and it turned out quite well. :) I'll be making some more bracelets as I've got a couple of requests already. :)

Starry said...

beautiful, Jace, now you've made one you won't look back! I think my Dad may have watched too many lunch time episodes of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy as he always tells me which pieces of jewelry I've made that he prefers. Also, watching a football match, one player had his shorts pulled down and Dad said, "he's wearing a lovely shade of teal underpants".
WHAT????

Jace said...

Thank you, Starry. :) Hey, I've enjoyed Queer Eye too. :D Your dad belongs to the rare breed of men who know their "teal" from their "green". :D

Bridal Pearl Necklace said...

Hi,

Lustrous freshwater pearls make up this bracelet with beautiful crystals. This pearl bracelet is perfect for the bride and it's classic style is also suitable for those who love the sophistication of pearls. Thanks a lot.