Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Love & Angst Cascade hookmark

I made this for a young friend. :) She likes the colour combination of red + black. I call it the Love & Angst colour scheme. :) Some crafters call it the Twilight colour, after the colour scheme of the book cover.

click on images to enlarge
Love & Angst Cascade

This is a mini hookmark, measuring approximately 9 cm/3.5 inches.
I used seed beads, except for the bottom 2 black beads, which are bicones.
I threaded the beads through wire-wrapped pins that I made myself.


Close-up of the wire-wrapped beads.

This project was perfect for practising the wire-wrapping technique.
I ran into some problems initially but managed to get the
hang of it. :) Now, it's fun to do. :)

6 comments:

Brandy said...

I prefer your name for the colors. Even Daughter who has read all the Twighlight books and isn't a fan of the series, doesn't understand "the crazy" surrounding them. Your bookmark is very cute!

azteclady said...

I really like the mini hookmark.

You are so very talented, Jace!

Jace said...

Brandy: My son thought Love + Angst is a fitting name for the colour combination - he actually approved! :D You know how a 16-year-old can be so opinionated, right? :)

I haven't, and don't plan to, read the Twilight series. :)

I created this particular hookmark for the young lady - glad that you like it. :)


Azteclady: Thank you for your kind words. :) I'm really into beaded earrings and hookmarks right now, so I'll be making more of these. I've finally decided to list my earrings and hookmarks in my Etsy shop - thank you (and Brandy too) for your support and encouragement. :)

azteclady said...

*pumping fist* Yes!


SCORE!




*grin*

Brandy said...

WOO-HOO! Best of luck Jace. Though you don't need luck when you have such beautiful things in your shop!

Jace said...

Azteclady: :D


Brandy: Thanks! :) I need all the luck (and support) I can get :) but thanks for your confidence in me. :)