Thursday, February 24, 2011

New craft

Remember I told you that I was learning a new craft? My friends (I'm looking at you, Brandy and AztecLady) are waiting to see what that is.

Jewellery-making. Or rather, earring-making, at the moment. :)

You know I love working with beads, right? And you may know that I love earrings too. So, it's a sooner-or-later kind of thing that I would want to make my own earrings. Now that I took the plunge, let me tell you, it's addictive. :)

I'm making designs that I'd want to wear. Simple and unfussy. Take a look.

click on images to enlarge
I used mauve Swarovski Pearls and crystal beads to make these.
They're not perfect but I like them very much. :)
I made them for myself but my mom likes them too, so I'm
going to give them to her.


These are crystal and glass beads. I'm keeping them for myself! ;)
These earrings are so clean and simple - it's the sparkle of the
beads that gives them the wow-factor. :)


I'm making my own ear wires too. They're so much fun to make!
I bought some ready-made ones, but once they've run out, I'll be using
my own ear wires. :)


It's always nice to learn a new craft, but when it's pretty, wearable and pleasurable to make, it's truly a joy. :)

5 comments:

Brandy said...

Will you be selling these in your online shop? I think you should, they are very pretty, especially that first pair.
MIL makes earrings, too. She's been doing it for about a year now and says it's addictive. Watch out! *G*

And I am supremely jealous of how talented and crafty you are!

(Hope you're having a good week!)

azteclady said...

WOW!

And Brandy took the words out of my...keyboard.

Seriously, Jace, there is no law that says you cannot mix and match what you offer in your store and these are pretty indeed.

And you know that after earrings there'll come bracelets and pendants and... :grin: watch out indeed!

Jace said...

Brandy: I'm not sure if I'd sell them in my Etsy store? This is because there are already so many people selling handmade jewellery, but then again, if my customers/regular readers like my creations and want to buy them, I should make them available, right? I'm haven't decided what to do yet so I'm just making these earrings for myself and family. :)

Hey, I didn't know that MIL makes earrings! Didn't she's crafty. :) Does she make for you too?

Azteclady: Thank you for your kind words. :) It's a good idea to offer a variety of items to our customers, isn't it? I still have to practise a bit more before I'm confident enough to sell these earrings, though. :)

Brandy said...

Jace, she doesn't make for me because I have to wear gold, but she's made a couple of pair for Daughter who prefers silver anyway. You'll never know until you try if customers will like your earrings as well.
The earrings are about the only crafty thing MIL does anymore. She used to make Daughter the most adorable dresses when Daughter was little. (One looked almost exactly like Alice in Wonderlands dress, from the book cover, even with the little apron. TOO cute.)

Whatever you decide to do, as long as it brings you happiness, continue to do it.
Blessings to you and yours!

Jace said...

You're right - I've got to give something a try before I know how it'll turn out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh? ;) I'll make a few more pairs of earrings and see if they're good enough for sale. Thanks for all the encouragement and support.