Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Has it been 1.5 months already?!

Hey everyone,

Can't believe the last time I blogged was on 31 December 2010. Sorry for the silence. Time just flew by and life got in the way.

2011 began with a slew of illness in my family. I got sick first, for 2 weeks. Then, hubby and son were down with severe food poisoning which knocked them off their feet for 4 to 5 days. About a week later, hubby was sick again, this time with throat infection. It was a worrying time. But we all feel like human beings again, so we're ok now. :)

Let me give you a quick update of what's been happening in the last 6 weeks.

1. I'm learning a new craft, so that's exciting. :) I'll be posting some pix later, if my creations pass muster. ;)

2. I'm working on a custom book cover. I have grand plans, which I hope will translate properly into the final design. Pix to follow, as always.

3. I've been reading lots! 16 books read to date. You can view them here. And this is my Good Reads home page - you can see what I'm up to, book/reading wise, here.

4. More on books. ;) I read a total of 120 books in 2010. My target was 100 books, so I'm quite pleased to have exceeded that. :)

5. Still more on books! My Top 5 Books Of 2010. I love them. They are keepers. They will be re-read. No way am I lending them to anyone! ;)


In no particular order: (with links to Amazon.com)

1. The Curse Of Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold - Fantasy

2. The Dream-Maker's Magic by Sharon Shinn - Young Adult Fantasy

3. The Girl Who Chased The Moon by Sarah Addison Allen - Fiction

4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Young Adult Fantasy (Dystopian)

5. Mystic And Rider - Sharon Shinn - Fantasy

If you like these genres, you may want to give these a try. :)

5 comments:

Starry said...

I'm so glad you are all feeling better, please continue in good health xoxox

The new creations and skills sound exciting!

Well done with the books, I've been reading quite a bit myself as is my summer tradition.

yes it has been 1.5 months already, and I'm most concerned by the .5 as I haven't had a February sale yet... gulp and gasp!

Jace said...

Hey Starry, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be healthy for the rest of the year. :) Wishing you good business for February and the whole year through!

Brandy said...

Glad to know y'all are feeling better! And WTG on learning a new craft. You're so talented! You did a great thing reading 120 books last year. Woo-hoo on surpassing your goal.

I hope your week is going well!

azteclady said...

Oh, so good to 'hear' from you--I was getting antsy (read: worried)

It's good that you are all better now. Here's hoping this was not a portent of things to come, and that you remain all healthy throughout the rest of the year.

*settles comfortable to wait for pictures of new craft*

Jace said...

Brandy: Thanks for your concern and kind thoughts, and always keeping in touch. :) I aim to read 100 books again this year - hopefully, I'll achieve that. :) As for the new craft, I've wanted to learn it for a long time so I'm glad I finally did. :)

Azteclady: Thank you for caring/worrying. :) I, too, hope that we've left illness behind for this year! :) I was sick of us being sick! Ok, pix in the next post. :)