Friday, December 10, 2010

Colour Of 2011

I've always been very interested in colours, and when I came across this piece of news, I just have to share it. ;)

Pantone has selected this gorgeous hue as the colour of 2011. Honeysuckle.


According to Pantone, this reddish-pink hue is A Color for All Seasons. Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it.

Read more about this colour here. There are tips on how to incorporate this vibrant colour into your home decorating and wardrobe. Lots of interesting info. :)

And guess what? I already have a bag in this colour! I bought it about a year ago because I simply adored the shade. Not quite pink, not quite red. Now I know it's called Honeysuckle. :)

click on image to enlarge

And just because I'm mad about bags, I have to talk about it too. :D It's by Kipling and it's fabulous. I've always been a fan of Kipling and this is my 3rd bag by them. It's so roomy that I can fit 2 paperbacks in (in addition to all the junk I carry around) and still zip it up! And it's washable, it's light, it's well constructed ... what's not to like? (Do I sound like a Kipling ad?)

Anyway, I love this bag. I love its classic design in this happy colour. And I have the perfect Honeysuckle accessory for 2011. :D

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Huh, when I think honeysuckle I don't think pinkish/red. But, only because honeysuckle is a plant here with tiny trumpet like flowers, it's usually a whitish yellow and if you pull the stem out there's a tiny drop of nectar that most kids will tell you tastes sweet and like summer. *g*
However, I will say your bag is adorable! It looks comfy and useful and cute and the handles look perfect! The material looks soft and like velvet.

I hope you are having a spectacular and happy day!

Starry said...

no you don't sound like an ad, you sound like a girlfriend sharing, its what we do, we share our joys and recommendations and its a pleasure to hear you do that!

I am checking out the bag makers now!

Jace said...

Brandy: Actually my first thought of honeysuckle was the same as yours - whitish yellow flowers. I googled and saw some great reddish pink images too. :)

The bag is made of crinkle nylon, while the lining is nylon. The handles are cotton webbing. The entire bag is very durable and very well constructed. Good investment indeed. :)

Starry: That's so great you enjoy my sharing. :) I'm never too sure if my readers enjoy posts like this. I'm glad you do.