Saturday, November 27, 2010

October Project - Part 4 - Done!

click on images to enlarge

Read Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 if you feel so inclined. ;)

I completed this project about 2 weeks ago but was just too lazy to take the pics.

This is my very first knitted shawl and I'm pleased with how it turns out. I hope its future owner will like it as much as I do.

It's triangular, warm and snuggly. :)

I think this natural, oatmeal-ish looking yarn works really great with this design. The "earthiness" of the yarn needs a simple design to show off its gorgeousness and I'm ever so glad I found this design.

I think the ridges (raised rows) and thick garter border give this design its character. Simple, uncluttered, yet textured enough to be interesting.

I like it enough to want to make a few more. :)

8 comments:

azteclady said...

It is gorgeous!

And holy cow, I'd never have thought this was your first knitted shawl--the tension (from the close ups) looks perfectly even.

Congratulations on a great finished project, Jace!

Brandy said...

azteclady is right! It's gorgeous! I like the ribbing at the edge and the 'stripes'. You did a wonderful job on creating this beautiful shawl! You truly are gifted at creating beautiful things.

Jace said...

Azteclady: Thanks so much for your kind comments. :) I've enjoyed making this one - the process was certainly educational - all the hard work was well worth it. Glad you like it. :)

Brandy: Thank you. :) I thought this design is lovely in its simplicity. The design is not mine so I can't claim credit for its beauty. :)

Brandy said...

You CAN claim credit because you took the time and energy to knit the shawl. You were careful and worked diligently, therefore TAKE CREDIT! *g*

Starry said...

its a great creation, you definitely should make some more they will be so loved! Well done.

Jace said...

Brandy: Thanks again for your kind words. :)

Starry: Thanks! Glad you like it. :) Oh, I do plan to make a couple more with other types of yarn. :) I like this design very much - I may even make one for myself! :D

Christine said...

WOW, Jace! That came out beautifully!!! It looks stylish, comfortable, and warm. Great job! :)

Jace said...

Hey Christine, thank you! :)