Friday, October 22, 2010

October Project - Part 2

click on image to enlarge

Read Part 1 here.

I'm about 70% done. I've been working on this piece diligently every day but there seems so much yet to do! I have to say this - knitting is much more 'slow-producing' than crocheting. What I mean is this ... for the same amount of time, crocheting yields much more finished work than knitting so crochet projects finish faster. I totally need to allocate more time when I attempt future knitting projects.

I love the feel of this piece. It's so soft and the drape is great. I'm happy with it despite the huge amount of time it demands!

4 comments:

Brandy said...

I'll admit my knitting ignorance and say I don't know what it is, but it's pretty. Well, I have an idea of what it is, but am most probably wrong. Your project looks complicated, and big. But, the variations in the yarn makes it look pretty.

Hope you're having a good week!

Jace said...

That's great you think "it" is pretty. :D "It" is a shawl. :) It's a big project all right, but it's not complicated - just looks that way. ;) I like the yarn a lot as it looks rustic/organic and feels very soft. Very good choice for a shawl. :)

Brandy said...

See, I was wrong. I was thinking it was a long scarf because I remembered you telling us about a scarf you made for a family member not too long ago. A shawl is even better!

Jace said...

And I think I shall be making a scarf pretty soon too. :D