Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Birthday to my boys!

Today, my son celebrates his 16th birthday with his dad. Yup, my son and my hubby share the same birth date. :) Makes it so much easier to remember and organize things, don't you agree? :)

My son was born 2 weeks early. I read in some pregnancy/childbirth books that many 1st babies tend to arrive 2 weeks early. I counted the dates. If mine did, it would be on the exact day as my hubby's birthday! I hoped. I talked to the little one. If he was happy and healthy and prepared to enter the world by then, wouldn't it be a wonderful gift to daddy? The little one agreed. :) He arrived - naturally, without any intervention whatsoever - 2 weeks early. :)

I was looking through my son's childhood pictures recently and got a bit misty-eyed and nostalgic. How the years flew by. Just like that, he's 16. But no matter how old he gets, he'll always be my special boy; the boy of my heart.

Here are just some of my many favourite childhood pictures of him: click on images to enlarge

At 2 years old


At 3 years old


I'd better stop before I got carried away and embarrassed the heck out of him! :D

8 comments:

WhimsyLoft.com said...

Hi Jace, Happy Birthday to both your son and husband :-) Thanks for sharing lovely photos of your son, I enjoyed viewing them :-) ! He's sooo cute!

Hugz,
grace

Jace said...

Thanks for the wishes, Grace. :) It was my pleasure to share the photos. :)

Brandy said...

Happy Birthday to both your Son and your Husband! What a wonderful gift not only to your Husband on his Birthday, but to you both! The pictures are adorable! Thank you for sharing such sweet and happy times in your Son's life with us.

Blessings on a wonderful Birthday for Husband and Son!

Christine said...

Awww... happy birthday to your boys!!!

I adore that second picture. Is he pinching his OWN cheeks? LOL! So cute! ^_^

I didn't realize your son was a teenager already. I don't know why I thought he was younger than my daughter. When can he start driving? In NJ, kids can get their learner's permit at 16, but have to be 17 to get their license.

Jace said...

Brandy: Thanks for the wishes. :) Yes, my son is a wonderful gift and blessing from God to my hubby and I. :) He continues to be a great joy in our lives.

Christine: Thank you. :) Yes, I think he was *trying* to pinch his own cheeks for a change since they always get pinched by someone else! :D

The minimum driving age here is 17. I'm not looking forward to my son driving! I think we will delay sending him for his driving lessons until he's 19 or 20.

Taja said...

xxxx, I missed this! I'm sorry Jace. For what it's worth: Happy belated birthday to your boys. :)

Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are lovely. :)

K said...

J, thank you for sharing pics. I hope you all had a very nice birthday party!
K

Jace said...

Taja: Thanks! :) Don't be sorry - anytime is a good time for birthday wishes. :) Glad you enjoyed the pics.

K: I'm glad you like the pics. :) We didn't have a party exactly - just lots of eating and laughing. :)