Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Coasters

click on images to enlarge
I stitched these recently. While the raspberries and cherries are eye-catching, what I truly love about these designs are the borders. In fact, I selected these designs for the borders. :) They were A LOT of work - I even stitched the white bits in the blue border - but the end results are well worth it.

I have 2 more coasters to stitch to complete the set. I haven't decided on the final designs yet but they'll most likely be fruits or berries to keep with the theme.

Let me show you the reverse side of the coasters...


I always try to keep the back as neat as possible even though they are usually never looked at. It's mainly for my personal satisfaction and pride. :)

9 comments:

zarina said...

I was recently part of a tea coaster exchange. I tatted mine and I receive a crewel & crocheted pieces.

Brandy said...

Wow, the borders are cute and the backs? WOW! You are a very neat cross-stitcher! My backs never looked like that. *g*
Hope you're having a good week.

June said...

This is great work - front and back. I'm more curious as where do you source your acrylics from?

Jace said...

Zarina: It's always so fun to do exchanges, isn't it? :)

Brandy: Thanks! I *love* the borders. They give the coasters a "country-cozy" feel, I think. :)

June: Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words. I was given these acrylics by my aunt who bought them in Australia. Locally, you could try and see if Yee Button House (SS2, PJ) sells them; they carry a wide range of cross-stitch items too.

Starry said...

great work Jace!

Jace said...

Thank you, Starry. :)

WhimsyLoft.com said...

super work! and so sweet :-)

xo,
Grace

Brandy said...

I know you're probably busy, but am hoping you're having a nice week!

Jace said...

Grace: Thanks!

Brandy: Yes, I've been busy but a bit lazy too. The week's been ok so far. :)