Friday, August 06, 2010

Took a break ...

... from my August Project and made these. :)

click on image to enlarge

If you're a non-knitter, you're probably wondering what "these" are. :) Stitch markers, they're called. They're round thingies that you slip on the needle to mark your stitches.

You use different stitch markers for knitting and crochet, I've learnt. Which means I need to have some knitting ones. ;)

I drooled over some really nice ones such as these and these (Flickr photos).

I thought I could save some money and make my own version. After all, I have a stash of jump rings and seed beads which are not going anywhere soon. :)

My stitch markers are nothing fancy but they do the job well enough. :) I've made 5 for now; I'll expand my collection when the need arises. I'll perhaps try some new designs too. ;)

5 comments:

Brandy said...

Your markers are very pretty! I know nothing about knitting, but I know pretty when I see it! *G*

Jace said...

Thanks! :) I'm just pleased at not having to spend any money to buy the markers. I've already spent so much on my craft stuff.

WhimsyLoft.com said...

u sure know how to improvise creatively :-) well done!


hugz,
grace

Taja said...

I was wondering what "these" are. Thanks! And yep, they look pretty.

Jace said...

Grace: Thank you. :) I wanted some simple stitch markers but didn't want to spend any money. :D I've already spent so much on my craft stashes!

Taja: I used to wonder about "these" too - I saw them all the time at Etsy. :) I thought they were for crochet too! :D