Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Some beach-y pics

I went to the beach with my family last week. It was just a short overnight stay but it was enjoyable nonetheless. We went to our usual haunts and I won't bore you with the usual beach pics. However, I want to share these with you (all taken with my cell phone so please pardon the pic quality) ...

click on images to enlarge
I took this right on the beach at about 7.40 pm. Just look at those clouds! Mesmerizing. My son managed to get an awesome pic of the sky - must try to snag it from his cell phone. ;)


This is our favourite night-time/dinner haunt called the Coconut Grove. It's situated right by the beach so one can listen to the waves as one eats. :) I love the ambience of this al fresco joint - it's laid back, romantic and very relaxing. The food is just so-so; the prices are steep (hotel prices) but we kept going back.

On this particular night, we settled down to watch the World Cup match between Argentina and Korea. The giant screen was erected particularly for the duration of the World Cup so football fanatics (and the no-so-fanatics) would not miss any matches while enjoying their meals. :) It was fun trying to eat and yell "Goooalllll" at the same time! :D Of course, Argentina went on to win 4-1 so it was an exciting time indeed. :)


Ok, this is a conventional beach pic, but I want to show you the sky. It was taken at about 7.30 am. Look at those clouds! I love the colours - so gorgeous.

That's all the beach-y pics this time, folks. Hope you've been entertained. :)

12 comments:

Brandy said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! I hope y'all had a wonderful time. Do you know my Son has never seen the ocean? Hopefully we can take him sometime within the next year. (Hubs and I prefer the mountains.)

I hope you have a great week!

Jace said...

Hey B,

Yes, we've had a lovely, relaxing time. My mom and dad went with my hubby, my son and I so it was a very nice family time.

Generally, I think kids love the water and the sand, so I think your son will like the beach. :) That's great you're planning a vacation for next year. :) Myrtle Beach perhaps?

K said...

J,
thanks for sharing the pics. I could need a beach trip too right now!

K

Brandy said...

We may visit Myrtle Beach, but it's very commercialized and I think we want something quieter. *g* Daughter was scared of the water at first, it was hilarious! I'm so glad you had a good time!

Jace said...

K: Yes, I understand. I wish I could take you on a beach vacation too.

Brandy: Have fun planning your beach vacation. :) I'm sure your kids will enjoy themselves; you and Chris too. :)

Frank said...

Hi there!
I also love the beach, so I decided to rent one of the Buenos Aires apartments to be comfortable in the city and then I took a long distance bus and went to Mar del Plata.
Hope you continue having a great time in the beach!
Cheers

Taja said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time away. :)

I love the dark blue night sky in the first one and the sky in the last one looks like it's been painted, IMO. Very cool light.

And hey, I don't know what you mean. The pics are great. My cell phone couldn't take such pictures. :)

Christine said...

Hi Jace!
How nice that you got away ... and didn't miss any of the World Cup! LOL! It's been kind of taking over our household... I even joined the betting pool among my husband's football buddies. I'm not doing too shabby either. ;)

I love that last photo.. it actually looks like a painting!

Jace said...

Frank: Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I go to the beach once every 3 to 4 months (sometimes more frequently) as it's only about 2.5 hours' drive from where I live in Kuala Lumpur. :)

Taja: I thought the night sky was so awesome. It was rare to see bright clouds against a dark sky like that. :) My son and I were clicking away like maniacs. :D My cell phone came with a 5 megapixel camera - my son's 8.1 megapixel - so his pics are so much nicer. :) And yes, that sky in the last pic ... I don't know how to describe it but it uplifts me and makes me believe in good things and that anything is possible. :)

Christine: Hi! So you're betting, eh? :D I caught that USA vs Algeria match ... it was fantastic! That Donovan goal at the last minute was simply brilliant! I love that the USA team didn't quit and they were justly rewarded. I can't wait to see them in action next. :D

Christine said...

Ha ha, yes, Jace, I am betting. LOL. But it was only $5 to be in the pool. I think there will be 2-3 winners based on the final standings or whatever. The important thing is that I beat my husband, right? And right now I have 95 points and am tied for 4th position. Husband has 87 points and is tied in 8th position. Now I just have to hold my lead.... ;)

Jace said...

Well done, Christine! :D Hope you're one of the eventual winners!

Brandy said...

Hello! Hope your week is going well! Also hope whether you are crafting or reading you're enjoying yourself!