Monday, April 12, 2010

So sad (and upset too)...

Remember that cell phone pouch and drawstring bag that I made for my friend? I mailed the package more than 2 weeks ago and my friend hasn't got it yet. It's most likely lost/stolen. I sent it via normal mail.

My fellow Malaysians will probably tell me I should have sent it via Registered Mail or other options that require someone to sign receipt for the package. (It's always at the back of my mind that, unless I send something Registered, be prepared that it'll not arrive at its destination. And most Malaysians I know agree with me.)

I guess I have only myself to blame. I didn't have time to go to the Post Office, and since my friend lives just across town from me, I thought (and kept my fingers crossed) that the package would arrive safely. After all, it was only a short journey and the package was light and flat. Now I know better, don't I?

It's terrible that the Malaysian postal service is so unreliable. It's terrible that we have to use the Registered Mail and other more expensive options in order to get our stuff delivered safely. It's terrible that we cannot trust our national postal service.

6 comments:

Brandy said...

Aw, Jace. I'm sorry you are having such difficulties with your postal service. I don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry. HUGS!

Starry said...

what a pity, Jace, I can't help still hoping for you that it turns up somehow but I have trouble closing the door on things like that.

good luck, I truly hope you feel better soon.

Grace said...

i sorry to hear that Jace. it really do sucks !

azteclady said...

(((Jace)))

Having grown up in Mexico, and later lived in Venezuela for a few years, I know precisely what you mean.

Christine said...

Oh, Jace. That is awful. I'm so sorry. That has got to be very frustrating. My husband is from the Philippines and they have the same troubles with their postal services, too.

Jace said...

Ladies, thanks for all your kind comments and understanding. I'm feeling much better today :) and I've put this unhappy episode behind me. Lesson learnt.

My friend feels so bad for me, and for herself. :D I want to make her a replacement cell phone pouch and drawstring bag but she doesn't feel right about putting me to work again. :)