Thursday, April 01, 2010

Crochet Hook Case

I desperately needed a proper case to store my crochet hooks, which I'd been keeping in a plastic bag all along. I'm a real dork that way - I mean I could've easily bought a pencil case or something similar to store the hooks, right? Instead, I just dumped the whole lot in a rolled up plastic bag ... for months and months. *sigh*

Anyway, after making that beaded crochet drawstring pouch for my friend, I really wanted to use some tiny glass seed beads that were in my bead box. This is what I made...

click on images to enlarge
I had to use a thin/fine yarn in order to fit in the beads, so this case took quite some time to crochet. I think I spent a good part of 3 days to finish it. I also didn't string enough beads ... this explains the bare area underneath the button. ;) I do like this case a lot, imperfection notwithstanding. ;)

11 comments:

Brandy said...

Ooh, lovely! And you're not a dork for keeping your hooks in a plastic bag. Though your new case is fabulous. Very feminine and pretty.

Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grace said...

Lovely! U have so many crochet needles !! I also like the red drawstring bag... it's so nice of you to make sure u get the perfect red for your friend :-)

(p/s: i deleted the comment above 'cos i spelt "crochet" incorrectly haha!)

Jace said...

Brandy: Thanks for saying I'm not a dork. :D Sometimes I feel absolutely clueless (and out of touch with reality) and when realization strikes, I just want to kick myself.

Grace: I have a crochet hook from size 1 to 10. :D I feel better "fully prepared" to tackle yarns of all thickness. :)

I plan to make more drawstring bags. :) I really like working the beads into the crochet so my next few projects will be something along this line.

Brandy said...

Jace, I feel that way ALL the time, that must make me a supreme dork which means I outrank you-meaning I can tell you you're not a dork! *G*

Taja said...

If keeping the hooks in a plastic bag makes you a dork, does that make me one, too? Because I can see myself doing the same thing - keeping them in a plastic bag. That would be so me. *g*

And second, what do you mean, "imperfection?" I think the bare area makes the hook case more interesting. Lovely combination of colors, btw. :)

PS: I like the header!

Christine said...

Very clever!!!! And so beautiful, too! =)

Brandy said...

Happy Easter Jace!

Jace said...

Brandy: LOL So ... now we're having a "dorkiness" competition, are we? :D And a Belated Happy Easter to you! I know you've had a nice day. :)

Taja: Ummmm ... I wouldn't want to say you're dork :D but you're welcome to join Brandy and I if you so wish. LOL

Imperfection & colour combination - so kind of you, my lovely friend. :)

The header - isn't the kitty terribly cute? :) He's such a friendly and gentle boy ... can't help but love him. :)

Christine: Thank you so much! :)

K said...

Hi J,
It's so gorgeous! you have to be really proud of yourself!
hugs K

Jace said...

Hey K,

Thanks! :)