Wednesday, March 17, 2010

For a friend

This is what I was teasing you all with in the last post. :)

click on image to enlarge

I made this cell phone pouch for a friend. I feel guilty and embarrassed because I've delayed this project for 3 months! I last chatted with my friend just before Christmas 2009, when I said I would make her some stuff but I didn't promise when I would deliver them. Still, that's not an excuse for this delay. Now you know what a great procrastinator I am.

This was my first attempt to crochet a phone pouch. Oh, I "massacred" 2 prototypes along the way before I was satisfied with this result ... I hope my friend likes it.

Tell me something. Would you say this colour is "dark red"?

Next, the new collection of phone pouches for my shop. ;)

7 comments:

Christine said...

I was right!!! LOL! Oh well... so much for giving you a project idea. You were well ahead of me. ;)

It looks great, Jace. You should post pictures of the 'prototypes' just for kicks someday. Kind of like cake wrecks for crafters. tee hee.

I'm sure your friend is going to love it! The red is a beautiful hue. I don't know if I'd consider it dark red... it looks more classic red to me. But what do I know? I failed that color test you posted the other day. :o)

Grace (WhimsyLoft.Com) said...

hi jace, sometimes to make good things u need time, so don't feel guilty. i love it! lucky friend of yours ... :-)
and i would say it is bright red (my idea of dark red is like blood colour... closer to garnet/black).

Brandy said...

It's beautiful! I don't know if it's a deep red, color on computers is a bit off, I think. But, it's a cheery red and quite cute! Looks almost like a tulip red. *G*

azteclady said...

Nope--I'd say it's a deep red.

Does that make sense?

And it's pretty, woman!

Jace said...

Christine: Great minds think alike, eh? :D Think of another project idea for me, will you? ;)

I call this shade of red "Christmas Red". You're right - it's a classic. :)

Grace: Thanks for consoling me. :) I kind of figured that this isn't the "dark red" that my friend wanted - it probably should have with some brown in it...

Brandy: Glad you like the pouch and the colour. :) "Tulip Red" is a pretty name. :)

Azteclady: Looks like I shall have to make another pouch using a red that has some brown in it. :) My friend just has to wait a little longer...

Taja said...

When I looked at the teaser pic I thought it could be a kind of bag. I like it! Very cute. :)

I would say it's more a bright red than a dark red. Or as you said, "Christmas Red." The shade of the color is what I see in my mind when I think of red in Christmas decorations. It looks cheery! :)

Jace said...

Taja, thanks. :) I usually don't fancy red but I love this shade. :) Must be the "christmas" association. :D