Monday, February 22, 2010

They've pissed me off for the last time!

The "they" in question is the Eagle Ranch Resort, situated in Port Dickson, a seaside town about 2.5 hours drive from where I stay in Kuala Lumpur. Here's the story...

My family and I went for an overnight stay during the recent Chinese New Year holidays. This trip was our 3rd at this resort. We kept returning because we liked its laid-back theme-park ambience, which I would rate 4 out of 5. The food was just ok, for the hotel prices they charged. So was the service and attitude of the staff (2.5 out of 5).

click on images to enlarge


This time, I didn't enjoy my stay.

The 1st thing that pissed me off - I had booked 2 log cabins and had specifically asked for "side-by-side" units when I booked and paid about 3 weeks before we checked in. They gave us separated units. I don't know how they could get something so fundamental wrong.

This same thing happened the 1st time we stayed there. I had also booked 2 rooms and asked for the rooms to be "beside each other". They gave us rooms in 2 different buildings! I demanded that they rectify the oversight and they did. (Our check-in was also delayed by 2 hours because someone "forgot" to clean the rooms.)



top my log cabin, bottom inside the log cabin

The 2nd thing that REALLY pissed me off - The occupants of the cabin next to ours were noisy, and I mean irritatingly noisy. Picture this ... 3 guys and 2 girls laughing and yelling, accompanied by slamming of doors and banging of drawers. The caterwauling started in the afternoon when they checked-in and kept on going. At midnight, I complained to the Front Office - they said they would send Security to that cabin - but nobody turned up. The noise continued. I finally slept at 2 am.

I woke up at 7.30 am for breakfast and all was quiet. Well, they needed to sleep some time, right? Right. So I slammed doors, drawers and stuff as hard as I could, and as long as I could. On the way to breakfast, a staff (I didn't get his name) asked how was our stay. After I told him how they screwed up, he apologized on behalf of the resort.

Apologies at this point are useless and empty, don't you agree? I can no longer trust Eagle Ranch Resort not to screw up my room reservation, and I can no longer trust them to provide my family and I assistance and security when we truly need it.

They've truly pissed me off for the last time.

7 comments:

Grace (WhimsyLoft.Com) said...

Hi Jace, I share your feeliings. It is a very frustrating experience when this happen during a planned holiday. It's like all the happiness and joy just drained out of you... and sorry is just not enough. Let's blacklist that place.

Brandy said...

I am so sorry to hear that a vacation that should have been fun and relaxing instead turned stressful and frustrating. Could you write the management about your issues?
Hoping and wishing your week goes well!

azteclady said...

(((Jace)))

If their apologies come with some sort of compensation--i.e., free meals or free night--then good and dandy. Otherwise... too little, way too late.

Jace said...

Grace: I've already decided that I won't be returning to this place. There is something seriously wrong with the way they run things or with the staff themselves - on each of our 3 visits, something had always gone wrong. On this last visit, another (minor) thing that pissed me off was that they served my dad the wrong food at the restaurant. He had ordered "Chicken Rendang rice" and they served him "Kampung Fried rice". I don't know what else to say.

Brandy: I will totally communicate their incompetence to the upper Management ... maybe the Director of Sales or Resort Manager or Director of Customer Service. I just have to find out their names and their personal emails. I'm usually quite tolerant and let things slide, but over the course of 3 visits, too many things had gone wrong.

Azteclady: Whenever I brought matters up with the resort staff (usually Front Office), they would apologize. But things didn't improve - they got progressively worse with each visit. The big part of that is the caliber of the staff - they haven't got the "service industry" aptitude. Even with compensation, it's just not worth going back.

Taja said...

Awh Jace, I'm sorry to hear that something that was supposed to be relaxing, fun and enjoyable turned out so frustrating. Love that you slammed drawers and doors, though. :)

I hope your next holiday somewhere else will be much more enjoyable. Considering this holiday, I guess that will be easy.

Jace said...

Hey Taja ... I was actually spoiling for a fight when I made such a ruckus so early in the morning! :D Pity ... nobody wanted to fight with me. LOL

Yeah, I'm sure the next place we go to for our vacation will be better. And there are many to choose from at that seaside town. :)

K said...

J,
oh my, I'm so sorry for you!
I understand that you were really pissed. I would have been too.
I hope the best for your next short holiday.
Hugs K