Thursday, February 25, 2010

The return of the book thongs!

After taking a good hard look at the inventory and sales trend of my shop, I bow down to the irrefutable. What is irrefutable, you ask? It is the fact that my book thongs (together with my origami bookmarks) are the best-selling items.

If you've been following this blog, you'll know that I've been making every other thing except book thongs (and may I add, origami bookmarks) for the past few months. I just hadn't been in the book thong-making mood. They may not look like much work, but believe me, they demand every bit of concentration, patience and time. I usually spend around 2 to 2.5 hours on each one. So when I don't feel up to making them, I just don't.

I'm happy to say I'm making book thongs again. :) Good thing too, because my shop desperately needed replenishing. And you'll have to put up with my book thong posts until, well, I've made enough. ;)

Ok ... I call this one Eternal Love.

more pics and details here

The colours of passion and mystique ... they immediately spoke to me of love without end. :) All the paranormal romances are to be blamed. ;) Oh yeah, the colour scheme of that Bella and Edward book cover has something to do with it too. :D

4 comments:

Brandy said...

The colors are very nice together, I like how you placed the black and purple beads together as well. Very pretty!

Jace said...

Thanks, B. :) The flat oval beads are actually grey in colour ... they do look purplish in the pic, don't they?

Christine said...

I have to admit the book thongs are my favorite! :)

The red is so sharp looking!

Have fun, Jace! :)

Jace said...

Thank you, Christine. :) I'd better keep making the book thongs while I'm still "in the zone". :D