Monday, February 08, 2010

I'm tearing my hair out ...

... and I can't afford to lose any more hair!!!

This particular activity is caused by a brain-block. Yes, you've read that right - brain block. If I were a writer, it'd be known as "writer's block".

I'm stuck writing a book review. I told the author I would have it ready by end-January. No need to remind me of today's date. *sigh* I know she (the author) will understand my predicament. This has NOTHING to do with her book - it was great! This is entirely my own problem.

I'd rather delay the review than to post something mediocre. Hopefully, I'll have the review up within the next couple of days.

For those of you who don't already know, you can read my book reviews here.

9 comments:

azteclady said...

Breathe, Jace, breathe!

It will pass--just stop putting so much pressure on yourself ((Jace))

Valentine Fiber Arts said...

Breathing is good...I write music and creative blocks happen. When you least expect it, the words will come.

Jace said...

Azteclady: Thank you! :) I'm feeling much better now and I shall try to whip the review into shape tomorrow. :)

VFA/Donna: Thanks for dropping by and sharing. :)

Brandy said...

I'm sure everything will work out okay.

Jace said...

Brandy ... I hope so. :) I try to do my best for the author.

Brandy said...

Jace, not to add pressure, but I have every faith that you'll be good.

Christine said...

I get the same way writing reviews ALL THE TIME. Just relax and do a little bit at a time... you'll get your groove back. Which I think you did by now... I saw the review. ROFLOL! ;o)

Jace said...

Brandy: I hope you've enjoyed the review. :)

Christine: Thanks for the tip - write a little at a time. I need to do this. I'm the type who always want to write everything in one sitting. LOL

Christine said...

Jace, I prefer to get it all out at once, too, but sometimes with life's interruptions and my lack of concentration, I just can't do it. I think getting started is the hardest part. Sometimes the start of a review is what a struggle with the most and do better when I do that a little at a time. Then once I get passed that... the rest comes easier.