Monday, January 04, 2010

What I Made Recently

At the risk of boring you to tears with yet more hookmarks ...

click on images to enlarge

My mom asked me to make some bookmarks for her to give to her friends. I wasn't in the right frame of mind to attempt the tedious and patience-sapping book thongs so I settled for these.

I need to be happy and relaxed in order to create something nice - this is the ideal situation. When I'm unhappy or tense or just not in the creating mood, I'd rather not make anything at all.

Mom told me that her friends liked these and that made me happy. :)

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Jace they are gorgeous! The lavender one is very fresh and Spring-like. And the blue one is peaceful and soft looking. I so wish I had a talent like you!
I hope your knee is feeling better!

Jace said...

Hey Brandy,

Thanks! You always say such nice things. :) I like the lavender/lilac yarn a lot - it's a cotton yarn and the texture is very soft, not to mention the colour's pretty too. :)

My knee is indeed much better! I've been hobbling all over town since Monday! :D

Anonymous said...

I am Kimmy's sis. I love your Hook Bookmark & thinking of giving this as Birthday gift to my frens. But wondering how much does it cost? Thinking of getting 6 or 7 of them if it is within my budget.

Thanks !!