Thursday, January 07, 2010

I Am Happy

You all know that I've got a new phone recently, right? ;) I've found another use for it - beyond its inbuilt functions that I rely on so much (notes, calender, addresses, etc.). It now functions as an eBook reader too! Yay! You all also know that I love to read, right?


I've been wanting an eBook reader ever since my reading buddy, M, bought her Sony a couple of years ago. However, there's none to be found in Malaysia so I shall have to buy on the 'net. Since this gadget is not cheap, I'm taking my time to study all the brands that are available right now.

In the meantime ... I installed an eBook reader program into my phone and it works beautifully! The screen maybe small (well, it's a phone!) but I can adjust the fonts and the line spacing (plus a whole lot of other things) to make the reading comfortable. :)

I love to read on the go, and now I can do so without lugging a book around. Yes, I'm happy. :)

15 comments:

Janicu said...

muhahaha, I know what you're reading. :) (I started reading it too).

Jace said...

Hi Jan, I guess "Philip Guthrie" is the clue, eh? :D I'm looking forward to your review. :)

Brandy said...

Ooh, you make me wish my phone could do that! Though maybe it could. I have no clue. *G* Your new ability is awesome! You will never be without a book now! *G*

Jace said...

Brandy, I hope the program will work on your phone too. :) Let me know how it goes.

Janicu said...

:)
So what program is it that you have on your phone? What's it called? I am curious because I have a blackberry and I haven't tried any ereader apps on it yet.

Jace said...

Jan, the eReader apps is Mobipocket. It does run on many Blackberrys but do check if your model is one of them. Enjoy. :)

grace said...

Hi Jace,wow! ebook reader on the phone.. GREAT!!! any great sites to get free ebooks? heheh...

Jace said...

Grace, I will email you later with the links. :)

Christine said...

That's so cool, Jace!
I have a few different readers on my iphone, but I rarely use them. I can't help it. I just love reading a good old fashioned paper book. However, if I spent a lot of time on a bus or train commuting to work... I think I'd use a reader, too.

Have fun!

Taja said...

Yeah! Nice (temporary) solution. :) I know which book you're reading, too. *g*

Enjoy!

Christine said...

Gee, I don't know what book you're reading... :(

I feel so left out. LOL

Who's Philip Guthrie?

Jace said...

Taja: This book is another good one! :D I've enjoyed it very much.

Christine: The book is REBELS AND LOVERS, the latest by Linnea Sinclair. Philip Guthrie is the hero of the previous book in this series, HOPE'S FOLLY. He is also an secondary character in the first 2 books, GABRIEL'S GHOST and SHADES OF DARK. :)

Christine said...

Ooooh! Thanks for the clarification, Jace. I have been wanting to read Linnea Sinclair for AGES. I think I have at least Gabriel's Ghost on the good ole TBR. I'm already thinking of a Linnea Sinclair reading challenge for 2011. LOL!

Taja said...

Yeah, good to know! I'm very much looking forward to reading it. :D

Jace said...

Christine: Oh, you've got to read Linnea Sinclair if you like SFR. She's one of the best out there. :) And GABRIEL'S GHOST is my favourite one by her. :D

Taja: If I'm mistaken, you've read every LS book?