Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Post-Christmas recovery

Hi everybody,

How did your Christmas celebrations go? I hope you've had a joyful time with your family and friends and that you've got many meaningful presents. :)

:: pointing to the blog post title :: Yes, you read that right - it's recovery time for me right now. Those of you who know me will know that I've got a bum left knee and that I walk with a limp. My knee is in bad shape. According to the x-rays taken a month ago, the bones looked as if they belong to someone 10 years older than I am. I accept my situation - it is what it is. I'm so blessed - I truly am - and I'm thankful I can still walk. :)

Ok, back to the "recovery" story. :) I'm afraid I'd pushed my knee beyond its limit with all the pre-Christmas shopping and running around. It's swollen and quite painful now (I try to lay off the painkillers as much as I can). I'm sitting tight and letting it heal. :) I've also been crafting a little (will post the pics in the next post) and looking around getting inspired. :)

Oh, I've got a new "toy" too. :D My hubby gave this to me for Christmas. It's the Nokia E72.


I'm actually not too fussed about mobile phones - I'm happy as long as I've got a sturdy and user-friendly one - but hubby thought it was time I got "upgraded". My previous phone was 4 years old (!) but it had served my needs very well. I'm still familiarising myself with this super-duper tool and I'm loving how easy it is to switch between "business" and "personal" modes. :) I'm really into its organiser functions - I'm a heavy user of the calendar and notes - and this nifty little thing works great on both. :)

I'm off to dinner now. Have a lovely day or evening, wherever you are.

10 comments:

Zarina said...

The time when I HAD to purchase a mobile phone (yes, every two years my employer, a mobile operator gives us cash voucher for phones) earlier this year, it was too early for that. So now I am using E71 which works fine. I love the size, the functionality and everything about it.

Hope you get well and enjoy the phone.

Jace said...

That's great you can change to a new phone every 2 years. :) It's a great benefit. My hubby knows a few people who own the E71 and they like it too. :)

As for the knee, it'll take a few days to mend (speaking from past experiences). I'll just have to take it very easy in the meantime. :) Great opportunity to read and craft. :D

Brandy said...

I'm so sorry to hear your knee is bothering you. I hope it calms soon. We can purchase a new phone every year because hubs works for a cell phone carrier. However, my last phone was two years old before I gave in and ordered another one. I hope you enjoy your new phone. It looks like fun! *g*
Take care of yourself and heal well!

Starry said...

Hi Jace,

I really hope you have as many pain free hours of pleasure as possible, I love your attitude towards what you still have and can do.

I am saving my money for surgery.... if I am a very good girl I will be ready in July, otherwise it could take me a year... Is there any surgical option for you? (Mine is not for my knee I must add)

also, my phone is 4 years old too! Won't be splashing out on a new one yet as I want to save and still buy supplies for craft.

Happy New Year, hope the knee is happy and comfy.

azteclady said...

(((Jace)))

I hope you feel better soonest, Jace!

Here's wishing you a wonderful 2010!

Jace said...

Brandy: Oh wow, Chris's benefits are even better! :D I imagine he must be having the latest phone all the time, eh? :) My knee is better today (Friday) although it still twinges when I walk. I hope it goes back to normal by Sunday.

Starry: BIG HUGS to you, my dear. I hope you'll be able to get the surgery in July.

Yes, my doc talked about surgery for my knee but it's not for now - I try to live with it as long as I can before choosing that option. :)

YEAH to our 4-year-old phones! :D Don't find many of those around that are still working well. :)

Azteclady: Thank you! :) And I wish you a Happy, Healthy and Blessed 2010 too. :)

Taja said...

Wishing you a happy, healthy and wonderful 2010, Jace!

I'm sorry to hear about your knee. I hope it gets better soon so you can move around again without much problems. Enjoy your reading and crafting. :)

I think my phone is older than 4 years and yeah, it's still working. *g* Probably because I don't need it all that often. LOL But looking at yours, I'm tempted to update. Your phone looks really good. Have fun and enjoy. :)

Violet said...

Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon.

Happy New Year Jace!!!

Christine said...

Happy New Year, Jace!
I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. That you have issues at all and that it's been aggravated recently by all of your holiday prep activity. I hope it has already improved since you posted this.

Very cool that you got the phone you wanted for Christmas!! I used to be non fussy about mobile phones, too. Until I got an iPhone a year and a half ago. Now I'm very spoiled and don't think I could ever use another phone ever again. LOL. My husband spoiled me and upgraded me to the newer iPhone 3GS for Christmas! Yay!

Jace said...

Taja: And a Very Happy New Year to you too! :) My knee has recovered and I can walk around as normal today (Monday, 4 January).

As for upgrading your phone, since the current one is still working well, you can take your time to select something you really like. My E72 is user-friendly and a hard worker. :) It has become more of an organizer than a phone :D since I don't make or receive many calls. And you know what? I'm using it as an ebook reader too! I installed an ebook reading software in it and it's great. :)

Violet: Thank you! I wish you a Very Happy New Year too. :)

Christine: Thanks for all your good wishes and I wish you and your family all things good and happy in the New Year.

Yay! You've got the new iPhone! :D Enjoy!