Sunday, December 20, 2009

Beads galore!

click to enlarge
A dear friend sent me these bracelets recently. She bought 2 of them while vacationing on the Greek island of Kos (the bracelets on top) and the other came from her own country. Very pretty beads, don't you think?

The thing that tickled me to no end is that she didn't mean for me to *wear* them. What she intended was for me to *use* the beads for my crafts! I just feel she's so cute to think this way. *grin*

She's also waiting to see what I'll make with these beads. She always thinks I'm capable of some very good ideas, but my dear, as of right now, I have absolutely no clue. I looked at the beads, I touched them, I wore them (all 3 at the same time) ... still, no ideas!

Perhaps the inspiration will come after the hustle and bustle of Christmas?

8 comments:

Zarina said...

that's what you call a true friend. they know what we need. I love those green and purple beads.

Christine said...

What a dear friend, indeed. They're very beautiful beads. I love the colors, shapes and textures. I, too, can't wait to see what you make with them.

Have fun figuring it out! : )

Jace said...

Zarina: Hey, thanks for stopping by. :) Yes, it's so great that my friend thought of me even while vacationing. :)

Christine: I'm still devoid of ideas. :D I keep telling myself perhaps inspiration will come after the busy holiday season. After all, the beads are so pretty ... they're begging to be used. :)

Grace said...

Hey Jace, the braceletes are nice as it is (i like the bottom right ones best)...but it will be better ones you use it for something you created ;-) Wishing you the best of the best inspirations Christmas will bring.

Brandy said...

The beads are gorgeous and the bottom bracelet is especially gorgeous. *G* I, too, can't wait to see what you do with them, whether it be wearing them or creating something fabulous with them!

Jace said...

Grace: I feel so "sayang" to cut the bracelets! But I think that's what I'll finally do since I don't wear much jewellery.

Brandy: You like the bottom one, eh? :) The beads look a bit retro, don't they? :)

Zarina said...

Just enjoy the beauty of the bracelets. i'm quite sure inspiration will surely come and you will know what to do. you cannot exactly rush this right?

Jace said...

Thanks, Zarina. :) That's the thing - one can't rush inspiration. I hope 2010 will bring a rush of creativity. :)