Saturday, October 31, 2009

Recent Respite

Every once in a while, my family and I enjoy going to the beach for an overnight stay. The nearest beach is about 2 hours' drive from where I live in the city. Through the years, we've stayed at almost all the hotels/resorts there - now, we have narrowed down our favourite places to 3.

This is one of our favourites...

click on images to enlarge
The view from the balcony of our room. I would sit out here and read or
just look at the sea.



The hotel grounds, viewed from the beach. I really like the ambience
of this place.

On my last visit, I collected some hotel brochures. See what I did to them. *grin*

Yup. They got upcycled into bookmarks. LOL

5 comments:

Brandy said...

Trust you to make something beautiful from brochures! The pictures were lovely. I hope y'all had a great time!

Taja said...

Jace, lovely pictures! When I look at them I so want to go on vacation. :)

It seems your mind is always busy looking for inspiration. The bookmarks look great.

I hope you all had a good time.

Jace said...

Brandy: The brochures were too good to throw away so I tried to make something useful out of them. Yes, we've had a lovely time. :) It wasn't so hot as it rained a bit, and we just hung loose for 1.5 days. :)

Taja: I always want to go on vacation! :D Nothing beats a vacation! :D As for the bookmarks, yes, now that I'm into this Upcycling Bookmark Project, I tend to see 'bookmark' in everything. :D

Christine said...

Oh man. I wish I was there right now! The pictures are lovely and I just LOVE your upcycling!

Jace said...

Thank you, Christine. :)