Thursday, October 08, 2009

Latest ATCs

Regular readers of this blog will know that I'm hooked on ATCs (Artist Trading Cards). I enjoy creating these miniature "art" because, although they measure only 2.5 by 3.5 inches, they're no less challenging (and fun!) to make. I try to create different look/design for each ATC as I don't like repetition.

Here are 2 recent ones - the theme is Flowered ATC: Pink Bloomer.

click on images to enlarge
These are origami tulips resting on a layer of organza, over a plain black background.

I cut these roses out from a Crabtree & Evelyn mailer, put them on a layer of organza and over a plaid background. The top is embellished with fabric lace.

5 comments:

Brandy said...

OOh, not sure which I liked better.... your origami flowers are gorgeous, but the second with the roses and organza and plaid........ I hope you know I think you are truly gifted to create such lovely things. *G*

Taja said...

Hi Jace!

Lovely cards. I like them both, maybe the second one a tiny bit more than the first one. (I think it's the green background :) )

Jace said...

Brandy: Thank you for your lovely compliments! Personally, I like the origami flowers *just* a bit more than the roses. :) I really like how the organza shimmers against the black background.

Taja: I like that particular plaid paper a lot. :) The colour is so easy to work with as it goes so well with many colours. :)

Brandy said...

JAce, I'm just being honest! You are SO talented.

Zarina said...

I made something similar but for greeting cards. It is just a very simple which I did not even blogged about it. Time to make more. This can also be good to teach my little people since I am an advocate to having children crafting from young.