Friday, September 04, 2009

Forever Friends

I've been a fan of the Forever Friends bears since, well, forever. *grin* Before I ramble further, let me tell you the reason why I'm blogging about this subject.

I signed up for an ATC swap, where I was to make 2 Forever Friends ATCs. Right up my alley, you could say.

So I dug out my treasured Forever Friends calendar and started looking for suitable pictures. This calendar was a souvenir from a friend who had holidayed in the UK. I've had it for many years and had never used it, simply because it was too lovely.

click on images to enlarge

After so many years of hoarding it, I thought it was high time to put the pretty illustrations to good use.

I made the ATCs, and these humongous bookmarks - each fits perfectly in a paperback novel with just the top (ribbon) jutting out.


Oh, I've got to show you this too ... a Forever Friends playset! I bought it many, many years ago and my son used to play with it when he was a little boy - he is 15 now! You can see how worn out the tiny figurines are. *grin*


5 comments:

Brandy said...

Aww, the bears look familiar, but I can't remember the last time I've seen one. The bookmarks are lovely, very sweet! The playset is so cute!

Jace said...

Brandy, the FF merchandise and cards are usually sold in Hallmark shops, so perhaps you've seen them there? :)

Brandy said...

I may have, but the Hallmark stores are expensive, so I try to stay out of them. If it's a choice between pretty cards and paper and books? Books win hands down. *G* They are quite cute!

grace said...

wah.. If it was me, i em seh tak cut the calendar...
the bookmarks r cuteeee n cut in a way where it makes the bear shine out... Love them!

Taja said...

So cute!

After I saw this post a few days ago, I went and looked for FF merchandise. I remember I saw it all the time in the past (a few years back I mean), but now I didn't spot one. We have lots of sheep thingies, though! :)