Saturday, July 25, 2009

Something new...

Here it is ... my very first charm for a hook bookmark. This type of bookmark is also called the shepherd hook.

click to enlarge

I should let you know that I'm mad about these bookmarks. They're so easy to use, not to mention pretty as well. I started collecting them last year - I'll put up my collection on my Flikr later so you can take a look if you want to.

This hook bookmark charm is quite similar to my cell phone charm, except it's shorter and the flower is smaller. I want to maintain my signature look - the crochet + beads.

Most hook bookmarks available right now are embellished with beads and charms, and I think my signature look sets mine apart.

Tell me what you think, will you?

7 comments:

Brandy said...

OMGosh Jace! That is absolutely gorgeous! I love these bookmarks as well. They fit not only hardcovers, but paperbacks and trades as well. Again, GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Very creative !

grace said...

They're beautiful. Rich looking and yes your crochet+bead style is unique, haven't seen any others like yours.

Sorry for being quiet. I read your post all the time, but this Open ID thingy... it's causing a lot of trouble for me, comments don't get posted sometimes.. i still can't figure why!

Amy said...

I love it! I think you're starting to inspire me to actually use bookmarks -- not receipts, toilet paper, wax paper, bills, cards, etc!

Taja said...

Oh look another flower bead and a very nice bookmark. I can see why it's also called a shepherd hook. You're getting more and more creative, Jace! :D

@ grace: I gave up on Open ID when it suddenly screwed up my comments a few weeks back. I now use name/url instead (if it's possible). :)

Christine said...

How pretty! I have a bookmark like that, but haven't used it because I thought it would be too thick for the book to close all the way. I should use it, anyway. It's so pretty! :)

Jace said...

Hey everyone, thanks for your very kind and enthusiastic comments. :D I'll be making a bunch of them ... hmmmm, maybe give away 1 or 2 later. ;)