Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another felt book cover

click on image for larger view

I made this one for my sweet and lovely cousin. She gave me carte blanche by saying she trusted me to make her something nice. *grin* With that came lots of pressure! Must make it nice, and sweet, and young, and appealing, and ...

Ok, I know not many people like grey, and one wouldn't readily associate it with "sweet", right? This is precisely why I chose grey for this book cover. I guess I wanted to make a point ... that grey, when combined with the right colours, is tremendously gorgeous.

Grey + pink, or red, or fuchsia are some of my favourite colour combinations of all time. I love to play with the tone-combination to get the exact look that I want. In this case, I wanted a sweet, youthful look, so I combined a light steel grey with light and medium pinks. The flower centre is actually a transparent shell disc that's tinted blue. The edging is sewn with silver thread. The two rows of flowers are lace.

I'm very pleased with this one, and I'm happy that my cousin likes it too.

6 comments:

Grace said...

Grey with pink can be the sweetest colour. Very creative and sweet indeed. ;-).

Brandy said...

It's very pretty and sweet. You're right, grey looks lovely in this color combination.

azteclady said...

Oh I like grey as a background color, and your latest shows exactly why.

Jace said...

Ladies, I'm glad you all agree with me. :D

Cmystic says: said...

I love this - love the contrast! :)

(Christine from swap-bot) Hello!

Jace said...

Welcome, Christine! So pleased to see you here. :D