Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What I've been up to ...

A dear friend asked where was I and what was happening as she didn't hear a peep from me over the last few days. My dear K, these are responsible for my disappearing act.


Another bag charm, to be sure. *grin* This is a one-of-a-kind piece because I made it specially for someone and I won't be making another piece like it. The colours are a little muted here - the actual piece looks quite cheerful and the sparkling beads add to that effect.


My very first felt applique flower! And suddenly, I just want to keep making more. They're so versatile and can be used to embellish almost anything. This one is rather large (it measures 9 cm/3.5 inches across) ... I'll be using it to embellish a handmade card.

Ok, back to the felt and more snipping and sewing. Let's hope my flower-making will improve with more practice. *wink*

8 comments:

Brandy said...

It doesn't look as though you need more practice for the flowers, that one is beautiful! Jace you are so talented!

Brandy said...

Oops, forgot to say, the bag charm is delightfully gorgeous!

azteclady said...

That's a very nice accent indeed!

♥ GRACE ♥ said...

....... busy lady... so pretty so pretty... doesn't look as if it's your first felt flower... u got talent for handmade wahhhh!! (now i'm convinced the handphone pouch will be just as good.. hehe)
love everything ... and it's pink!!

Jace said...

Brandy: Thank you, my dear. You're always so kind to me. :)

Azteclady: Thanks! :)

Grace: Oh, it's the pink that got your attention, eh? :D Just kidding. Glad you like it. :) I don't know if the phone pouch will be a felt one or something else? ;)

Christine said...

Hey Jace!
Everything looks great! I love the Midnight Bloom bag charm you posted a few posts back. Keep up the good "work"! ;)

Taja said...

Both items look great!

Your first felt flower, eh? Let's just say that my first felt flower wouldn't look that perfect. lol

Jace said...

Christine, Taja ... thank you both! :)