Friday, April 17, 2009

An Award!


I’m very honoured to be one of the first five recipients of this award given by Team Etsy Malaysia. Thank you.


These are expectations that come with this award:


1. Put the logo on your blog or post.


2. List your 5 sources of inspiration.


3. Nominate 5 other Malaysian blogs which demonstrate some form of creativity.


4. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.


5. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog, and if possible, make sure they follow these 6 steps too!


6. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received your award.



I apologize for the delay in putting up this post, mainly because I found it difficult to pinpoint my sources of inspiration. There are many things that inspire me - it can be a juxtaposition of colours, an imagery, the sparkle of drops of water…


Anyway, I shall attempt to do my best. *grin* In no particular order:


1. Flowers


I’ve always loved flowers. I think they’re one of the most beautiful natural wonders of the world. I’m inspired by their colours and delicateness, and if you notice, I named most of my creations after flowers. Gardens and parks are some of my favourite places to hang out.


2. Music


I love music too. I think what I listen to is quite eclectic, ranging from classical violin and piano concertos to Linkin Park. *grin* Whenever I’m making something, I’m almost always plugged into my iPod. Music makes me stop thinking and just go with the flow.


3. Colours


I’m fascinated by colours. I’m constantly putting one colour against another and see what works and what doesn’t. *grin* I like most colours but my favourite is blue.


4. Kindness


I think kindness is a great gift – whether one gives it or receives it. I’m inspired by kind people and my soul thanks me whenever I do something kind.


5. Words


I love words. Not spoken but printed. *grin* My heart gladdens whenever I come across an elegant turn of phrase, or words that spark off my imagination. Simply put … words rock! *grin*



Now … the 5 Malaysian crafter-bloggers I present this award to:


1. Grace of Saving Grace


I’ve enjoyed her blog immensely. She makes the cutest things and I’m looking forward to more creative offerings from her.


2. Huey of My Dog Diary


My fellow Etsian … her moniker “Notty Pooch” gives you an idea what a fun and creative person she is. She was the first person I “met” at Etsy Malaysia and it’s been a pleasure meeting her.


3. Tracy of Dust Of Enchantment


Another fellow Etsian. I love the name “Dust Of Enchantment”. Check out her beautifully magical creations, especially Serena The Mermaid.


4. Penny of I'm Not Junk


Penny is an eco-warrior. I first came across Penny and her worthy causes through a newspaper article and have been following her blog ever since. She makes creative items using recycled materials and I’m always excited to see what she comes up with.


5. Jaina of Why Does The Bluebird Sing?


Yet another fellow Etsian. Jaina makes the most beautiful and realistic felt food and origami items. She makes lots of lucky stars … I love them!



Have fun, ladies. I’m looking forward to your sources of inspiration. *grin*


12 comments:

Amos2526 said...

Hello!

your blog is feel good.

http://netbook-notebook-computer.blogspot.com

Jace said...

Thank you! :)

Tracy/ Dust of Enchantment said...

Hi Jace! Thanks for the award. I need to clarify here though that I am actually the creator of this award, started the thread under the name of Team Etsy Malaysia and nominated you and the other 4. So I guess I'll pass, but you're very sweet :D

Taja said...

Congrats, Jace!

I like your sources of inspiration. :D

Brandy said...

Congratulations on the Award Jace!

Christine said...

Congrats on your award, Jace! :)

I love that you chose kindness as an inspiration.

Jace said...

Tracy: You may be the creator of the award, but you nevertheless deserves the recognition! :D And I'm very happy to present it to you. :)

Taja: Thanks! Now you know what I was so busy with, eh? ;)

Brandy: Thank you! :)

Christine: Thanks! Kindness is such an awesome thing, isn't it? :)

♥ GRACE ♥ said...

Oohhh Jace... congratulations!!! and tq for voting me... :-) arigato!

Jace said...

Grace, you're most welcome and you fully deserve this recognition. :)

Jaina said...

Thank you for awarding me for . :)
you have a nice blog too. Can't wait for our team sales.

Jace said...

Hey Jaina, you're most welcome! :)

penny yuen said...

Hi hi jace. Thx again for awarding me and all the lovely things you said! Though we haven't met but you seem like a really sweet person I'd like to meet. Your blog is beautiful, keep it up! :)